Key Performance Indicators & Social Game MetricsHolger Weissböck on June 4, 2013
The latest update for Flox brings a major overhaul to your game analytics: As of now you’re able to see industry-approved key performance metrics or KPIs out-of-the-box and beautifully visualized within the web interface!
Which KPIs Are We Talking About?
Key Performance indicators are usually used to measure if and how alluring social games are. However, these numbers really make sense for any type of game, regardless of the platform it’s running on (facebook, iOS, Android, …) or the play style its users prefer.
Flox now measures the following metrics for you:
- Installations / New Users: The number of times your game gets installed on a device or browser. This metric is usually used to get a feeling for the number of new users a game can acquire per day.
- Daily Active Users: This metric is usually called DAU and gives a representation of the number of users that play your game per day.
- Weekly Active Users: Usually abbreviated WAU, it’s the same as the DAU but for a 7 day sliding window. It’s the number of users that play your game per week.
- Monthly Active Users: Usually abbreviated MAU, it’s the same as the DAU but for a 30 day sliding window. It’s the number of users that play your game per month.
- Daily Retained Users: Sometimes referred to as D1, it’s the number of users that come back to your game on the first day after the installation.
- Weekly Retained Users: Sometimes referred to as D7, it’s the number of users that come back to your game after seven days after the installation.
- Monthly Retained Users: Sometimes referred to as D30, it’s the number of users that come back to your game after 30 days after the installation.
These metrics complete the already existing ones and can be compared to them:
- Daily Sessions: The number of sessions your users run per day.
- Sessions Per User: Comparing the daily sessions to the DAU gives the number of sessions your average user plays per day. A high sessions per user count means that your users are coming back often and run a lot of game sessions.
- Session Duration: The time your users invest into one game session.
- Total Play Time: The total time all your users invest into your game.
In order to get all of the metrics above you need to update your SDK to the latest version (0.6).
- If you’re already using flox, you should download the latest SDK version. Just replace your current SDK with the new one.
- If you are new to flox and need some guidance with your setup check out our getting started guide.
That’s it with the latest update to Flox! Have fun getting an in-depth look into your game’s community! And by the way, if you’re hunting for investment money or want to impress your boss with business metrics, you may want to bring those charts. Just saying. ;-)
Let me know what you think! And perhaps … what you’d like to see next!