The Sparrow download package contains a scaffold project at samples/scaffold, which is a pre-configured Sparrow application that is easy to customize. Reuse it to kick-start your own game project:
- Copy the scaffold folder to the place you want your game to be, and open up the project in Xcode
- Build and run to see if everything works fine. If it does not work, check if you have created the SPARROW_SRC variable in Xcode and if it points to the right place.
- Rename the project to your liking by selecting the project node in the Project Navigator. Open the file inspector (⌥⌘1) and change the text in the Project Name field.
- Click on “Product – Manage Schemes” and then on the Scheme name (“AppScaffold”) to rename that too.
- The Sparrow Wiki contains several articles about the Scaffold. Be sure to have a look at them!
That’s it! Now you can start to develop your game with Sparrow.
Btw: After creating your project, you can choose the target hardware (iPhone / iPad / Universal) in the project’s build settings (search for Targeted Device Family).